To educate leaders and team members on the basics of design research, process, visioning and prototyping techniques.
Many companies have seen the positive effects of Human-Centered Design (HCD) on the software interfaces of their products, but there is much more to Design than better interfaces. Design is a process, a way of being, that changes how individuals solve problems of all kinds and how they look at the world. The HCD techniques and processes can be applied to any problem, and achieve better results in the end, regardless of whether you are designing a new toothbrush, a software interface, or a customer service process.
This course will help leaders and team members see the value in HCD, understand the basic techniques and processes, and give participants the opportunity to practice. These techniques can then be applied to their product definition and team management issues.
In a “get your hands dirty and work” environment, the team will learn how to:
- Understand the needs, desires and problems of customers and end users
- Transform those findings into a vision for the future
- Run, record and analyze a usability test
- Utilize design tools in your everyday work
Opportunities for Organizational Growth
- Tap into empathy for your users, customers and each other
- De-silo organizational structures
- Learn team cooperation, collaboration and conflict management
- Solve problems in interdisciplinary teams
Call us to design a workshop series or program for your team.